Celebration of our first wedding day

At 06:30am on the 27 November 2011, I woke up as my phone alarm rang. It was this time a year ago when I went to Motael Church and waited for my fiancee to give her a ring and to say "I DO". I still remember how my fiancee arrived at the church, dressed up in white wedding gown. It was the happiest day for my wife and me. At 06:00am, I woke her up and asked if she knew that special day. She looked confused when I asked her the question. I thought she had forgotten it. Then I asked another question, "what date is today?" and it was a flashback for her. She kissed me and said "today, we've made one year". I nodded but could not say anything as there was complicated feeling in my heart.
It was Sunday. I hardly go to church but that day felt like I had to go to church. I told my wife to have a shower first. While she was having shower, I sat down on a rectangle green plastic chair and prayed. It was one of those difficult days I will not forget in my life.
This is how I pray:
"God, my Lord, today is our special day
We have been together for one year
I thank You for all the good things have been granted to us
My Father, forgive the sins that I've done that might have offended people around me
and specially my sins that have offended Your Holy Heart
My Father, You are the King of all kings and the only God i serve
I believe that You have known expectations in my heart even before my mouth say it to You
We have been begging You to grant us Your children so we can look after them in this world
we only hope that You could listen to our prayer and I know that there is nothing impossible to You
I believe that when You say 'yes', all my dreams will come true
we know that having children is the greatest gift You will have given us ever.
My God and my Father, there's no one we can trust except You.
Make our dreams come true. Please!
In the name of Jesus Christ, our King, i pray. Amen.

Tears rolled down my face as I said the prayer. It had been the most difficult situation we faced so far. We have been isolating ourselves from our families and friends because of this feeling we have.
We then went to church at 08am. We came back home and I decided to stay at home and doing nothing at that special day.
I do hope that I will celebrate our wedding day for the second time not in sorrow but in joy.
We will have our first child by the second anniversary of our wedding day in 2012.
So God, help us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ita Na'in-Feto nia Rosario - Reza Tersu lor-loron nian

Tansa mak tenke reza tersu iha fulan Maio no Outubro?